Popular Cosmetic Treatments that Complement Each Other
Popular Cosmetic Treatments that Complement Each Other
Fall is approaching so if you have been waiting for the right time to begin your skin rejuvenation journey now’s the time. Most of the sun filled vacations are in the books for this year and kids are headed back to school. It’s finally time to focus on you for a bit (before all the hustle and bustle of the upcoming holidays).
It’s no secret everyone wants to look their best. But it’s hard to know where to start. Ultimately how you achieve that is by first determining your aesthetic goals. Cosmetic surgery remains a popular option, that millions of patients opt for, and will help you achieve the best long-term aesthetic results. But did you know that when non-surgical options are added to the mix it truly enhances your results! Patients explore cosmetic surgery for many reasons but one of the main ones is that people are living longer and want to look as young as they feel.
In our blog this month we are highlighting our most popular procedures and what you can combine to get the most bang for your buck. This in turn gives you a much more complete facial rejuvenation to help achieve the look that you’re after!
Medical Grade Skincare
- Daily use of medical grade skin care designed for your skin type and concerns can help nourish and protect your skin before and after many procedures
- Sunscreen is also critical year-round, as it protects your skin from the sun’s harmful rays, preventing UV rays from breaking down proteins that are vital to the health and beauty of your skin
- More Bang for your Buck: Whether it’s surgery or laser treatments, it’s important to begin a medical grade skincare regimen (we love our ZO Skin Health lineup) 6-8 weeks prior to any procedures
Laser treatments (BBL, Halo and TRL)
- Laser treatments come in a variety of options depending on what specifically is being treated and the best part is for most treatments there is little to no downtime
- Excellent for getting rid of signs or aging or blemishes, scars, stretch marks, fine lines, and loose skin
- Skin discoloration, sunspots, and even broken blood vessels can be successfully treated with a laser Micropeel
- Laser skin resurfacing can also be helpful for tightening skin
- More bang for your buck: Getting a HydraFacial prior to a BBL or TRL Laser treatment gives you even better results
Fun Fact: Chemical peels also improve skin quality and achieve toner skin by removing layers of sun damaged skin.
- Involves pricking the skin with tiny, sterilized needles
- The small wounds cause your body to make more collagen and elastin, which heal your skin and help you look younger
- Treats scars, enlarged pores, wrinkles, and stretch marks
- Typically has a shorter recovery time compared to lasers or chemical peels that are also used to help resurface the skin and improve its texture
- More Bang for your Buck: Adding PRP takes Microneedling to the next level, using your own blood’s special healing cells to improve your skin tone and smooth out any imperfections
Botox & Fillers
- Botox and Fillers are great treatments for patients who prefer not to undergo surgery or those who want to complement their surgical procedures
- They are minimally invasive with no downtime and can effectively smooth and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles especially around the eyes and forehead
- Botox and Dysport are neurotoxins that work by paralyzing the muscle temporarily so that it doesn’t cause the skin to move when in motion for a more rested expression
- Fillers plump up the treated areas to give a more full and youthful appearance
- As we get older, the fat in our faces diminishes or moves, which allows fine lines to appear along with a hollower appearance and fillers help reverse this
- You can also improve the longevity of skin quality with the use of neuromodulators, fillers, and medical grade skincare
- More Bang for your Buck: They are often used hand in hand after procedures like facelifts to maintain results and is especially true if forehead wrinkles, or crow's feet start to reappear years after your facial rejuvenation
Rhinoplasty (nose job)
- One of the most common aesthetic and reconstructive surgical procedures
- Dramatically improves the appearance of your nose and balances out your features and can help with breathing issues
- More Bang for your Buck: Injectables such as Botox or Fillers for cheek contouring or lip augmentation can complement your Rhinoplasty for an overall rejuvenation
Face and Neck lifts
- Provides many benefits as they soften deep creases and wrinkles, restore muscle tone, and tighten loose skin
- Results in a refreshed, well-rested looking expression and delivers excellent results
- Facelifts and neck lifts are often performed together because of how complementary they are to one another
- Focuses on improving the contours of the middle and lower face as well as the neck if added; its impact on the upper portion of the face is not as dramatic
- More Bang for your Buck: Adding Light-based cosmetic treatments like Broad Band Light (BBL) can minimize the appearance of pigmented or vascular lesions, including brown spots, sunspots, rosacea, and noticeable spider veins as facelifts do not address issues of pigmentation
Whether it's a face lift, neck lift, brow lift or eyelid surgery, there are enhancements typically done in combination with these surgical procedures that can give you a more “wow “factor since skin rejuvenation is so vital to getting the best results.
Remember cosmetic treatments are what you make of them. They can be as transformative as you’d like them to be. Some people prefer to just have one procedure and enjoy the results. That’s certainly fine. Many people are quite happy following Rhinoplasty or a Face Lift. However, to get the most out of your rejuvenation journey, multiple procedures may be your better option.
Combining surgery with non-surgical options can help you achieve the youthful and rejuvenated appearance that you’re looking for. Needs and desires differ so that’s why you should speak with a board-certified physician about what you’re hoping to accomplish.
Schedule a consultation today by calling or texting us at 804.378.7443. Dr. Bridges and his skilled team at Commonwealth Facial Plastic Surgery provide you with the right treatment options you will need to look your best and feel great about it!